Litigation / Dispute Resolution
Is your supplier behind schedule with the delivery of an important machine? Is a competitor trying to oust you from the market by unfair means? Is a customer maintaining that you are liable for his loss of production?
Nobody likes to be involved in disputes. But there are a countless number of options for asserting your own rights or warding off claims by third parties. Our specialists have many years of experience and superb expertise in defending and enforcement of all disputed claims. Consequently, we know what is important when a dispute arises. With purpose and circumspection, we use the whole range of existing legal reminders and mechanisms to help you to uphold your rights quickly and efficiently. Whether it involves contractual negotiation the recovery of debts, and the implementation of out-of-court settlements or the conducting of court proceedings: We understand the business of our customers and concentrate entirely on their success.
With this in mind, we understand litigation as being our task to implement your goals both energetically and within manageable bounds. Each case is different and therefore requires an individual strategy. We inform you about the opportunities and risks of a legal dispute and select the path that promises most success. This can be a pre-trial attempt at settlement, a dispute resolution out of court, (national or international) arbitration proceedings, mediation or a court process. In this respect, successful litigation therefore necessitates for us not only experience, knowledge and patience, but also vision, tact and tenacity; traits, therefore, that are the guiding principles of our strategy.
It goes without saying that we help you also to safeguard what you have achieved and - e.g. in enforcement proceedings - to enforce it. With cross-border matters, our international ties are a major advantage for you.
Whether it is damages, warranty, unfair competition, product liability, employment law or public liability: In disputes too, you can fully rely on us.
With offices in Paris and 29 locations in Europe and the world, our range of services to realise and to defend claims includes in particular
- Disputed court proceedings
- Arbitration proceedings
- Activities as an adjudicator
- Appropriate dispute resolution proceedings – agreements to settle disputes
- Obtaining interim measures e.g. temporary injunctions
- Mediation (alternative dispute resolution)
- Prosecution of any abuse of the law
- Enforcement proceedings
- Insolvency proceedings
- Recovery of debts/ Collection
- Representation before arbitration boards (e.g. in tenancy law, etc.)
... and that in all areas of law, such as for example
- Public liability law
- Employment and Social Security Law
- Intellectual Property Law (copyright, patent law, trademark law, design law etc.)
- Real Estate Law (construction, tenancy and residential property law)
- International Private Law
- International Civil Procedural Law
- Bankruptcy/Insolvency Law
- Medical Law
- Product Liability Law
- Tort Law
- United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods (CISG)
- Insurance Law
- Contract Law (warranty, etc.)
- Unfair Competition Law
- Commercial and Corporate Law
In 14 countries to date (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, China, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain and Turkey) we accompany private clients as well as national and international companies. The alliance's locations are: Bilbao, Bologna, Bratislava, Brussels, Budapest, Bucharest, Denia, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Gliwice, Graz, Hanover, Imola, Istanbul, Linz, Madrid, Munich, Osnabruck, Palma de Majorca, Paris, Pilsen, Prague, Shanghai, Sofia, Taicang, Valencia, Vienna, Warsaw, Wels, Wroclaw.